Dr. Arden Barnett Jr Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Arden Barnett Jr?

Useless if you need medication

Posted on December 30th, 2015

This doctor would not take my calls. He would not return my calls. He would not refill my prescriptions. The prescriptions aren't psychotropic, but they are the only way I can sleep. I didn't sleep for five days when his office closed over the holidays. He stinks.

Posted on December 10th, 2015

doctor is asking me what medicine I want to take and if I want to change a dosage.....OMG

no experience with bipolar disorder

Posted on November 23rd, 2015

Moved from Chicago to Michigan City and began seeing Dr. Barnett. He failed to tell me his experience was with child and adolescent psychiatry not with severe rapid cycling bipolar disorder 1. He was my doctor for just 3 months and in that time I had to be taken to the ER twice to get medications during office hours. He didn't know what to prescribe for me or how to handle a mixed episode. What he did do is get a protective order against me so I would stop calling the office demanding medications and an appointment. After the crisis was over and I was safely in the hands of a qualified professional, I learned that Dr. Barnett had a rather large negligence suit settled against him on an child/adolescent case in IL. I feel like God was watching over me during the few months I was with Dr. Barnett. I came very close to ending my life solely due to bad medical care. Disgraceful.

Excellent Experience

Posted on April 25th, 2015

Extremely knowledgable. He took 20 minutes to understand and see right through my daughters issues. Very direct and to the point. If you want the truth he is the doctor to see. If your still in denial or want sugar coating I'd look elsewhere. My daughter absolutely connected with him and said she "loved" him even though she cannot bare most people being honest with her. She felt a genuine connection with him and we will choose him as our follow up doctor. He is a good listener. My only issue is that he is hard to get a hold of.

Not the doctor to have if you need a doctor to see your family through crisis.

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

My son was homicidal and having such a hard time. He was a danger to others and himself. Dr Barnett did not think it was in the best interest to hospitalize him. Latter that evening after we where sent home from the hospital my son injured me. I don't have faith in this doctors assessments. He failed our family in time of crisis. On other occasion when we needed to get in contact with him the hospital paged him and he never returned the pages. The receptionist said that is common for Dr Barnett.

Posted on February 3rd, 2015

He was rude and belittling. He did not correctly diagnose me as well.

Posted on January 29th, 2015

Dr. Barnett takes the time to really listen and hear what you have to say.

Posted on December 16th, 2014

We have been going to Dr. Barnett now for a year, every visit we have to wait 45 minutes to 90 minutes before were seen!! Ive never been in and out in under two hours yet? Dr. Barnett does not appear to have much connection with the patients at all.

If you are not depressed goin in you will be depressed when you leave

Posted on April 2nd, 2013

My doctor finally found medication that got me working as a functioning adult however my insurance changed and I was givin Dr.Ardens name as an alternative ... Aside from their office not having my health history on hand he told me he would refuse to continue giving me what I was being prescribed . I'm sorry I don't want to be a guiney pig. After telling him about my traumatic life experience that had me at his door step to begin with I was made to feel worthless and he spoke to me as if I were a moron ... He tried to convince me that I was depressed and wanted to put me on meds that I clearly told him i had taken before and not worked for me...by the time I left his office ..I was made to feel worthless and to be a utter failure ... Am I being sensitive ??? Or is it normal for someone to feel ok walking in to a psychiatrist office and walk out feeling horrible about yourself ? I was treated as If I was uneducated and a liar ! He even argued with me about my age ...as if I couldn't count !!! I don't recommend him unless your ok with being looked at as if your a waste of life and don't mind having to defend yourself or prove your not a mindless human being whose just simply stressed out or trying to adjust to life's changes or just a little overwhelmed and need constructive advise not advise that's gonna throw you into a depression that did not exist prior to seeing him ... If he works for you guys great !!! I won't being going back for a second round of mental abuse by someone who has a degree to legally do it!

Highly Recommend

Posted on August 10th, 2011

I Highly would recommend Doctor Barnett. He has helped me solve many of my issues and is a great listener. Very caring about each of his patients!

This is not only a doctor; but a healer.

Posted on March 2nd, 2011

Besides having excellent medical training and many years of experiece,which is important to me, Dr. Barnett is one of those very rare doctors who listens and does not talk down to you. Can't explain it well with words; he holds a high degree of professionalism, yet I feel a genuine sense of empathy, warmth and compassion.

You could die with this man as your doctor!!!!

Posted on January 10th, 2010