- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ariana B Alvarez has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Ariana B Alvarez has the following 5 expertise
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
Dr. Ariana B Alvarez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ariana B Alvarez - Posted on November 18th, 2012
I had a breast bilateral MRI at Bethesda Outpatient Imaging Center, and Dr. Ariana Alvarez had written the report. I have been diagnosed as having DCIS in left breast,but Dr. Dudak sent me to get MRI.The report written by Dr alvarez concerning my RIGHT BREAST, she did not compare the finding with previous decision ruling out the abnormality as scar from earlier surgery. As a result of this I have had to go through yet another biopsy in my right breast needlessly, for result was negative of any malignancy. If I had a doctor who is more competent than Dr. Dudak may have been able to avoid this second needless ordeal.
Dr. Alvarez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1995
Jackson Health System
Dr. Ariana B Alvarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBETHESDA RADIOLOGY ASSOCIATES PA, 2815 S Seacrest Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL
Dr. Ariana B Alvarez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boynton Beach, FL.