Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arie Birkenfeld has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Arie Birkenfeld has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Arie Birkenfeld has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I do not recommend this place. Had an HSG and sono done here after meeting with the doctor for a consult. The HSG was awful! Worst pain I've felt! The nurse and doctor had I bedside manners at all. I was told by the doctor who did both tests that my tubes looked ok. It that I had an Arcuate uterus, and normal small follicles on ovaries. When he discussed the tests he said I would probably not get pregnant with the shape of my uterus but ivf would work. The second doctor at the same practice had a consult with me a couple weeks later and he said your tubes are blocked, something is wrong with them, you have cystic ovaries, I don't think you are ovulating and need ivf to get pregnant. I told what the other doctor said and he said no that's not right. He sacred us away for trying less invasive treatments first by saying you shouldnt do clomid because it will greatly increase your risk of multiples, and multiples are too risky, and since you have bad tubes you could have an ectopic. So he sat there like a car salesman and said so what's it go a be? If you want to do Ivf I need to know so I can put you in the schedule! Like we couldn't even think about it. I also asked if we could check to see if I'm ovulating and he said no, there is no way to know lol. I went for a second opinion and they gave me a hard time about getting my records. Charged me $1 per page and gave me at least 10 duplicate pages that I had to pay for. Never have I had to pay for a copy of my records. I went for a second opinion. My tubes are totally fine, the HSG was not at all painful because the doctor did not use the barbaric techniques they used. And my new does not see any reason why clomid shouldn't work. She said with monitoring the risk of multiples is only slightly higher then the general population. She is monitoring my ovulation and I am so much happier with this place. So why do you think they were pushing me for ivf? BECAUSE MY INSURANCE COVERS IT! THEY MENTIONED MULTIPLE TIME WELL YOUR COVERED SO WHY NOT JUST DO IT AND YOU HAVE SUCH GREAT INSURANCE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! Sorry but I don't want to do ivf just to do it.
40 Years Experience
The Hebrew University Of Jerusalem
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Arie Birkenfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDiamond Institute Infertility, 89 Millburn Ave Ste 1, Millburn, NJ
Dr. Arie Birkenfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Millburn, NJ.