Dr. Arie Birkenfeld Is this you?

4 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Arie Birkenfeld?

Do your research

Posted on July 10th, 2014

I do not recommend this place. Had an HSG and sono done here after meeting with the doctor for a consult. The HSG was awful! Worst pain I've felt! The nurse and doctor had I bedside manners at all. I was told by the doctor who did both tests that my tubes looked ok. It that I had an Arcuate uterus, and normal small follicles on ovaries. When he discussed the tests he said I would probably not get pregnant with the shape of my uterus but ivf would work. The second doctor at the same practice had a consult with me a couple weeks later and he said your tubes are blocked, something is wrong with them, you have cystic ovaries, I don't think you are ovulating and need ivf to get pregnant. I told what the other doctor said and he said no that's not right. He sacred us away for trying less invasive treatments first by saying you shouldnt do clomid because it will greatly increase your risk of multiples, and multiples are too risky, and since you have bad tubes you could have an ectopic. So he sat there like a car salesman and said so what's it go a be? If you want to do Ivf I need to know so I can put you in the schedule! Like we couldn't even think about it. I also asked if we could check to see if I'm ovulating and he said no, there is no way to know lol. I went for a second opinion and they gave me a hard time about getting my records. Charged me $1 per page and gave me at least 10 duplicate pages that I had to pay for. Never have I had to pay for a copy of my records. I went for a second opinion. My tubes are totally fine, the HSG was not at all painful because the doctor did not use the barbaric techniques they used. And my new does not see any reason why clomid shouldn't work. She said with monitoring the risk of multiples is only slightly higher then the general population. She is monitoring my ovulation and I am so much happier with this place. So why do you think they were pushing me for ivf? BECAUSE MY INSURANCE COVERS IT! THEY MENTIONED MULTIPLE TIME WELL YOUR COVERED SO WHY NOT JUST DO IT AND YOU HAVE SUCH GREAT INSURANCE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! Sorry but I don't want to do ivf just to do it.

Posted on June 16th, 2016