Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arlene Betancourt
Dr. Arlene Betancourt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Betancourt is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. Dr. Betancourt has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Arlene Betancourt has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arlene Betancourt has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 42
my first visit to Dr Betancourt was very thorough and pleasant. Her PA set up my appointment for a mammogram which turned up a problem and I was referred for further testing. The results were sent to the doctor and it took me 2 weeks to get a response to several phone calls to secure the results. The doctor was on vacation along with her PA. The news was positive but the additional stress on me was not necessary.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Betancourt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Arlene Betancourt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.