Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arlene J Donowitz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
Have been her patient since 1985, and there is a reason for that. She is the very BEST. Good listener, thorough, follows up on previous tests to detrmine if a specialist is warranted, clean office. Since going on Medicare, I have been hurried out more so than in the past. Guess she doesn't get as much money for us.! boo hoo Now, to the front office staff, there lies a complete breakdown in efficiency. They are "short" with patients, rarely returns calls and NEVER answers the phone line for the office. Must leave messages, and it usually is answered days later if at all. Their lab is staffed with what appears to be students that know nothing about what they are doing.
Beginning with my first office visit . . . it was clear my research did not fail me and I have chosen someone very gifted and special. You skillfully nudged me past my âlifelongâ resistance to a colonoscopy screening. Your selection of Dr. Colleen Schmitt to perform the colonoscopy further replaced my resistance with complete trust and confidence. You are easy to talk with . . . open to patient input. I am truly blessed you accepted me as your patient.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2009, 2014, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2010, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
38 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Arlene J Donowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDrs Laramore Heinsohn & Donowitz/Mountain Management Services, 605 Glenwood Dr Ste 404, Chattanooga, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arlene J Donowitz in this video.
Dr. Arlene J Donowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.