More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arlene P Hay has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. was very rude and not very patient with me as the parent or my child. Gave me a prescription and when i questionned the antibiotic she said, "well you don't have to get it filled." Which made no sense at all to me as a Doctor, obviously she felt underminded but as a parent I have the right to question any level of treatment my child is receiving. I felt humiliated, her front office is very unprofessional and rude. I made a complaint to her and she did not respond either way to my complaint upon my visit.I started having my husband carry our son to his appointments because I was disgusted almost every time we went. The last thing that helped me make the decision to find another Pediatrician is when she left my infant on the table after checking him and told me I could pick him up now instead of giving him back to me. She has no bedside manner and I will never refer her to anyone. I have a co-worker who has the same complaints with her disposition and level of rudeness.
I have 2 children and have been very pleased with Dr. Arlene Hay. In my opinion she is the BEST pediatrician in Decatur, Al. I have had an experience that most will never face, but thanks to God and Dr. Hay, I STILL HAVE MY SON...6 years later. When my son was 2 weeks old, we went in for his 2 week well baby check up not knowing anything was wrong with him. His heart rate was extremely high and his oxygen sats were low. We were immediately rushed to the pediatric ward where my son went into cardiac arrest. Dr. Hay and her team were able to get him back. He was intubated and later sent to Huntsville Hospital. She and her team were the angels that saved my son's life. I was truly amazed at how she handled such a stressful emergency. She's a pediatrician, not an ER doctor. Since that time, between my two kids we have seen her for numerous hospitalizations and office visits. She has always taken such great care of my kids. I feel like she's family and so are all of her staff. I can honestly say my kids love her just as much as my husband and I do. I think God everyday for putting us with the right pediatrician for our children. On a professional note, I work with Early Intervention System. Dr. Hay is very good about screening children and referring them for services with us. We service children under 3 with a disability or a developmental delay. We provider services such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and special instruction. Dr. Hay is very thorough and doesn't let anything slide by her. I just honestly can't praise her enough!
- University Of Santo Tomas
Greenville Hospital System
Dr. Arlene P Hay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter Sacramento Pediatrics, 1625 Stockton Blvd Ste 106, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Arlene P Hay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.