Dr. Arlene Hay Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Arlene Hay?

Upset

Posted on March 29th, 2012

Dr. was very rude and not very patient with me as the parent or my child. Gave me a prescription and when i questionned the antibiotic she said, "well you don't have to get it filled." Which made no sense at all to me as a Doctor, obviously she felt underminded but as a parent I have the right to question any level of treatment my child is receiving. I felt humiliated, her front office is very unprofessional and rude. I made a complaint to her and she did not respond either way to my complaint upon my visit.I started having my husband carry our son to his appointments because I was disgusted almost every time we went. The last thing that helped me make the decision to find another Pediatrician is when she left my infant on the table after checking him and told me I could pick him up now instead of giving him back to me. She has no bedside manner and I will never refer her to anyone. I have a co-worker who has the same complaints with her disposition and level of rudeness.

We LOVE Dr. Arlene Hay!!!

Posted on February 29th, 2012

I have 2 children and have been very pleased with Dr. Arlene Hay. In my opinion she is the BEST pediatrician in Decatur, Al. I have had an experience that most will never face, but thanks to God and Dr. Hay, I STILL HAVE MY SON...6 years later. When my son was 2 weeks old, we went in for his 2 week well baby check up not knowing anything was wrong with him. His heart rate was extremely high and his oxygen sats were low. We were immediately rushed to the pediatric ward where my son went into cardiac arrest. Dr. Hay and her team were able to get him back. He was intubated and later sent to Huntsville Hospital. She and her team were the angels that saved my son's life. I was truly amazed at how she handled such a stressful emergency. She's a pediatrician, not an ER doctor. Since that time, between my two kids we have seen her for numerous hospitalizations and office visits. She has always taken such great care of my kids. I feel like she's family and so are all of her staff. I can honestly say my kids love her just as much as my husband and I do. I think God everyday for putting us with the right pediatrician for our children. On a professional note, I work with Early Intervention System. Dr. Hay is very good about screening children and referring them for services with us. We service children under 3 with a disability or a developmental delay. We provider services such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and special instruction. Dr. Hay is very thorough and doesn't let anything slide by her. I just honestly can't praise her enough!

I Love This Doctor

Posted on May 2nd, 2008

She's really an awesomely caring professional, kind, mild-mannered and she's simply a great doctor.

Posted on October 18th, 2015