Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arlene M Massaro has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Showing 5 of 10
My daughter has been Dr. Massaro's patient since the first day of her life. We've known Dr. Massaro for almost 9 years. Very happy with our pediatrician. Dr. Massaro is very knowledgeable, very straight forward and EXTREMELY experienced!!! Couldn't wish for a better pediatrician than her. As a fact, regardless insurances, still will go to see Dr. Massaro for consultation. Trust her 100%. She's always in child's best interests!
Dr. Massaro is as knowledgable as they come. She has been our pediatrician for well over a decade. We now have three kids. Our last child has serious special needs, and although some families with special needs children switch to a developmental pediatrician, we have never felt comfortable leaving such a competent, amazing doctor. I had my second child near Christmas and called Dr. Massaro on CHRISTMAS EVE night, and she promptly returned my call. When I had my last child and the doctors at the hospital asked who our pediatrician was, I told them and they all said the same thing, "She is a great Doctor." I already knew...
We just move to the area and though Dr. Massaro would be a good fit based on the recommendations. I was very disappointed. I took my 3 yo daughter in for her well visit and Dr Massaro asked if she was potty trained. I said no, we are working on it. So Dr. Massaro said she would talk to her about it, I thought that would be fine. She then told my 3 year old daughter that she needed to start going on the potty because if she continue wearing diapers to preschool the kids would laugh at her. She has been negatively affected by this comment. Needless to say I was disgusted by this comment and will not be going back. We also waited about an hour in the office to be seen and then when the nurse called me back she said the receptionist said to apologize for the wait. I would not recommend Dr. Massaro.
34 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Arlene M Massaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVillage Pediatrics, 1100 NW Maynard Rd Ste 110, Cary, NC
Dr. Arlene M Massaro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cary, NC.