Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arletha L Anderson
Dr. Arletha L Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lathrup Village, MI, with another office in Southfield, MI. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with St John Hospital & Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Arletha L Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Arletha L Anderson has the following 18 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Inflammation of the Vulva and Vagina (Vulvovaginitis)
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- EOL Care
- Pelvic Pain
Dr. Arletha L Anderson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 21
Disappointed in staff, in love with Doc
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arletha L Anderson - Posted on August 15th, 2018
Dr. Anderson is AMAZING! She's knowledgeable and personable. Her bedside manner is warm and she takes her time to address all questions, HOWEVER, her staff is among the most rude and unprofessional I've ever encountered. It's difficult to find an African American physician in this area and I hate to leave, but between the consistent two-plus hour wait times for scheduled appointments and staff who cannot keep their word, I'd rather go without healthcare altogether than to go back to her.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Arletha L Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arletha L Anderson, MD - Geriatric Medicine in Lathrup Village, MI, in this video.
Dr. Arletha L Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lathrup Village, MI.