Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Armando M Gonzalez MD
Dr. Armando M Gonzalez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA, with another office in Bakersfield, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, Cytopathology, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gonzalez is affiliated with Healthsouth Bakersfield Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Armando M Gonzalez has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Armando M Gonzalez has the following 4 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Armando M Gonzalez has the following 13 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Gonzalez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1978
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Armando M Gonzalez Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Armando M Gonzalez's office for more information.
3501 Stockdale Hwy Bakersfield, CA : (877) 524-7373
3838 San Dimas St Ste B201 Bakersfield, CA : (661) 321-3161
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Armando M Gonzalez, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Bakersfield, CA, in this video.
Dr. Armando M Gonzalez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.