Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Armen A Korkigian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Armen A Korkigian has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Armen A Korkigian has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Can I just say that there aren't enough words to express our appreciation for Dr. Korkigian? He is an exceptionally qualified and proactive physician. Our loved one, a seriously ill young man, spent months in the hospital, and suffered multiple setbacks...and Dr. K saved his life time after time. He is very direct - no guessing games, and he will always communicate the whole truth - to the patient AND the family. This is one doctor who gives every patient his all. That's why his patients trust him with their lives.
After spending several days in hospital I saw this doctor the morning of my release and he spent 5 minutes with me, having not yet seen labs and decided I was ready to discharge. In addition when asked a simple question regarding the use of a particular medication being given to me, he asked what profession I was in so he could attack me for not being a medical person asking it and was extremely rude and egotistical. Also made my wife cry when we inquired about my health and his manner.n Also, though very experienced; not fully respected by nursing staff either.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Armen A Korkigian accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Armen A Korkigian in this video.
Dr. Armen A Korkigian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkley, MI.