Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Armina M Rahman
Dr. Armina M Rahman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clarksburg, MD, with another office in Montgomery Village, MD. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Rahman is affiliated with Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Medstar Montgomery Medical Center. Dr. Rahman has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Armina M Rahman has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Armina M Rahman has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Armina M Rahman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I have been taking my 2 daughters to Dr Rahman for the past 10 years. She is by far the BEST pediatrician I have ever been to and I have been through a few. She started out as a solo doctor and has now grown to 6 doctors. I always prefer being seen by her but it’s good to have the choice of other docs or other locations in case of urgent sick visits. Anytime my girls have had an issue and I have called her practice (even after hours) – she is has always returned my calls promptly and talked me through a treatment plan. If other doctors are involved – she has communicated with them and then discussed it with me – so I understand the situation and has addressed all my questions. On one instance, I had to travel and needed my daughter checked out for an urgent issue, she opened the practice early for me instead of me going to the ER….I have never seen a doctor do that for a patient. Best of all – the girls love her and feel comfortable talking with her. I am so glad I found Dr. Rahman !
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rahman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
The Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Armina M Rahman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Armina M Rahman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clarksburg, MD.