- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arnold I Chin MD
Dr. Arnold I Chin, MD is a doctor primarily located in Santa Monica, CA, with other offices in Santa Monica, CA and Los Angeles, CA( and 2 other locations). They have 16 years of experience. Their specialties include Urology.
Dr. Arnold I Chin has 4 locations
Dr. Arnold I Chin has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Arnold I Chin has the following 9 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Issues
16 Years Experience
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Arnold I Chin Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Arnold I Chin
My clinical expertise includes urologic oncology and renal transplantation, performing open, laparoscopic, and robotic-assisted surgeries for bladder, kidney, and prostate cancer patients. Our laboratory studies the tumor microenvironment in prostate and bladder cancer using a combination of animal models, human reconstitution systems, and primary tumor and hematopoietic cells. We are interested in several aspects including the following: 1. Molecular mechanisms in programing tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. The nature and composition of immune cells in cancer have been linked with tumor grade and overall survival. However, the determinants that lead to immune infiltrating cells in cancer is unclear. We are studying the endogenous signals, innate immune, and adaptive immune pathways that program the composition of the tumor immune microenvironment, and how these will influence tumor proliferation, invasion, and metastasis. We are also interested in how we can reprogram the immune components of the tumor microenvironment to shape tumorigenicity. 2. Mechanisms controlling development and differentiation of cancer stem cells. Cancer initiating cells share similar features to stem cells with their ability for self-renewal and pluripotency. These cell populations may explain the recurrent nature and drug resistance of cancer. We are studying the cell intrinsic signals as well as the cell extrinsic influences from immune and stromal cells of the cancer stem cell in their differentiation, ability to undergo epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition, and development of an invasive phenotype. Our studies will provide fundamental understanding of the tumor microenvironment, as well as develop therapeutic targets, novel immune-based platforms, and stem cell based therapies against cancer.