Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Arnold Markowitz
Dr. Arnold Markowitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Keego Harbor, MI. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Markowitz is affiliated with St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital and Doctors' Hospital Of Michigan. Dr. Markowitz has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Arnold Markowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arnold Markowitz has the following 7 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- HIV Infections
Showing 5 of 21
When I had Lyme Disease for 18 mths without a diagnoses, even after an expensive trip to Mayo Clinic none of the 26 Doctors including specialists of all types could dx me. I had heard Dr. Markowitz was like a medical detective and would not stop until he figured out what was wrong with a patient. He gave me an answer to my illness and after a year of treatment I was able to enjoy good health again. He saved my life and I am forever in gratitude for being a kind, intelligent, and determined doctor. Wish there were more Doctors like him in this world.
I had seen a dozen doctors before I saw Dr. Markowitz. Based on conversations in the waiting room, it seemed the overall opinion is that Dr. Markowitz is incredibly thorough and cares about the outcome for his patients.I found this to be true.Dr. Markowitz doesn't stop until he gets results. He notices things that other doctors miss or disregard. Also Dr. Markowitz is one of the few Lyme literate physicians in Michigan. He is very well regarded by his Lyme patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Markowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Arnold Markowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO