Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arnold Katz has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I started seeing Dr Katz in 1993 and had selected him due to his activities as a member of the professional advisory board of the Arthritis Foundation Magazine. He takes the time needed with each patient. I was used to physicians who never really "listened" to me. So I frequently left with unresolved issues. Dr Katz takes time to conducts a thorough interview. He has proven to be an excellent advisor. I wish I were as good a patient as he is a doctor. I found his staff quite friendly and never had an issue with rudeness. His staff recently changed due to retirements and the new people are beginning to work together with confidence. In all, I would highly recommend Dr Katz to anyone I know.
Dr. Katz is a fantastic doctor. I saw him for years and was very pleased with his care. The reason I left his practice is strictly due to his staff. They are rude and unwilling to bend even in extreme circumstances. I had a phone call from his nurse one afternoon and was appalled by her extremely rude behavior...it's why I left. If you can put up with staff's attitude, I'd recommend him to you. If you don't have the patience to put up with rude people, stay away.
Dr. Katz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Overland Park Regional Medical Center
46 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Arnold Katz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArthritis Specialists of Greater Kansas City, 10550 Quivira Rd, Lenexa, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arnold Katz in this video.
Dr. Arnold Katz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lenexa, KS.