Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arnold W Mech has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 101
He is a busy doctor since he takes insurance but his staff rarely answer the phone....leaving voicemails that don't get responded to is the norm. But when you DO reach them they are kind and helpful. And Dr. Mech is good at what he does. Wish they could figure out the office response and phone problems
Excellent doctor. He actually spends time with his patients, understanding the whole person and getting to the root of the issue. He does test and make sure that the whole body is healthy including the mind. He has looked after my family for over 15 years and I wouldn't trust anyone more then I trust him.
out of all my visits I have only gotten to meet with dr mech once. the rest of the times (20+) have to be with nurse practitioners. I have had to wait over an hour every single time in the waiting room. paper work must be done every single visit. tests are taken from me without consent and now I have bills for over 10,000 just for UA's that I never consented to taking and never get the results of the tests back, nor am I ever told why I am being forced to take UA's. not going back to this establishment. this has been a terrible experience.
The first two visits he spent at least 20 mins with me, very friendly etc, after going every month for 8 months in a row, the time I spend with him is no more than 6 mins, wait time is always close to two hours! It has been difficult to get someone to answer the ph, I want this relationship to work however I'm getting worried, I also got a bill for $7000.00 today for lab work! I will be calling his office tomorrow to get an explanation, hopefully this is an error.
41 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Menninger School Of Psychiatry
Dr. Arnold W Mech accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arnold W Mech in this video.
Dr. Arnold W Mech is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.