Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arnold Melman has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Arnold Melman has the following 11 expertise
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Penile Prostheses
Dr. Arnold Melman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Arnold Melman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I had a radical prostatectomy in about 1996. It left me impotent and urinary incontenience. In 1998 I had my first urinary sphincter. It eventually began to leak. I had it replaced and a simultaneously the installation of a penile prosthesis. The whole area became infected, and both were removed. I had a third urinary sphincter installed. A few years later, I had a second prosthesis added. After about 5 years, the third sphincter completely failed -- lost its fluid. Nobody wanted to install another sphincter. Eventually, my urologist located Dr. Melman who agreed to install the 4th sphincter.
Dr.Melman sold me a 5ml vial of Trimix with some needles (29 gauge) for 175 dollars. I later called a few compounding pharmacies who quoted me around 100 dollars for a 10ml vial! Selling medications to patients (who have trust in you) as a blatant profit center is not ok in my book. I will never go back.
Dr. Arnold Melman is the best â a great doctor and a real professional. I have been his patient for 15 years and he has treated me for the ailments usually common with getting older. Without going into detail, Dr. Melman has made me feel years younger and given me a new outlook on what could have been some real difficult medical issues. Iâm grateful for his service and want to thank both Dr. Melman and his staff for their professional and kind attention.
52 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Arnold Melman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsArnold Melman Md, 969 Park Ave Ste 16, New York, NY
Dr. Arnold Melman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.