Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Arnold O Welden has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I wasn't thrilled about the service I received. He didn't seem very knowledgeable or to have much opinion. He was not warm. He suggested specialists that I know I did not need. When he hooves he thought zebras just because I have an ongoing condition. Sometimes, a cold is just a cold. He was unable to give me answers to the initial reason for going to see him. After a few months he sent me a letter releasing me from his care, just a few days after I had been in his office. Apparently an annual physical was too much for him to handle. I want someone eager to take me on and engage me and work with my specialists. He just wasn't the "one".
i called got an appointment for 3:45pm showed up a little early they could not find me in there computers ,they were in a new location so maybe they lost my stuff ok had to fill out all new stuff for them ask them to call my insurance to have them fax a new card to them the receptionist said they do not do that ,i said is that not your job i had the insurance on the phone at same time he said it is there job to do that she rolled her eyes so i gave her the number she called told me there system was down i said just go to web sight pull from there she refused so i had my work fax my copy of card to them .as i see mr weldon in the back she tells me he went to hospitol and can not see me i ask for his voice mail so i can complain about them they refused to put me in contact with him ...so now looking for new doctor and still sick
Ive never had to go see a dr for other then an anual check up till I became very ill and had to be addmitted into ICU. Dr Welden has been my PCP since then and has honestly done nothing to help me. I've seen him every 2 weeks for the past 4 months and he is in and out of the exam room in less then 2 minutes, doesnt listen to any of my concerns or even examin me. Ive tried to give him a chance but i think its time I find a new doctor.
Welden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
Arnold O Welden accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Arnold O Welden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulare, CA.