Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arpan R Bhakta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arpan R Bhakta has the following 10 expertise
- Nutritional Support
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Preventive Medicine
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Showing 5 of 22
Dr Bhaka is a very caring doctor, My Mother has been his patients for only 2 1/2 weeks before she passed. She was 92 she refused to go to her doctor, she had her mind made up the she wanted to die and it was natural to die in pain. I called his office and set up an appointment for the next day. ( she was a new patient). There is not enough praise for Dr. Bhakta. Utmost kindness, caring and understanding . He listen to my mother wishes and made the short time she had left comfortable. He took time out of his business day to even explain her treatment and her wishes to other family members at the hospital. We did visit both offices and the staff was very nice and helpful. I do agree about the phones it does take them a long time to answer them. But the staff has been very helpful and nice. My husband and I are going to start going to Dr Bhakta .
Dr. Bhakta listens to you and appears to be concerned with getting you healthy. Like the other person who posted: the staff friendliness and helpfulness is nothing to write home about.
There is not enough praise for Dr. Bhakta. Utmost kindness and caring. Been his patients for 12 years and could not be more satisfied. He takes his time, never rushes or makes us feel like we are part of a production. Foremost, his diagnosis has always been right on! His recent attention to my husbands needs in our opinion, saved his life. Totally awesome doctor
Dr. Bhakta himself, is really nice and caring. Although, I do feel rushed when I'm in there. Sometimes, I feel like I need to come with a list of things I want to ask him about, otherwise I will forget because I feel rushed. But other than that, he's great. I don't enjoy the staff there. They are never "overly friendly" and when I come in or call to make an appointment, it seems like I'm a bother. I've had maybe one girl there be nice to me, but nothing special.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bhakta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Arpan R Bhakta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates Mi, 15105 Northline Rd, Southgate, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arpan R Bhakta in this video.
Dr. Arpan R Bhakta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southgate, MI.