Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arshad P Cheema has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Arshad P Cheema has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 34
I come for a simple medical prescription refill once a month and until the last two visits everything was smooth and the same procedure was followed each month. This time I explained I was out of my medication and that typical I wouldn't mind waiting but at ha waiting room full of sick children and my wife and I having a 20 day old baby at home that I couldn't run the risk of being sick because of sick kids in a waiting room. I know that Dr Cheema whom I respect immensely Would never allow someone in my circumstances to wait in excess of two hours. I am disappointed not that the wait was long for the families of four sick children were but that your receptionist didn't care to listen to my request and cut me off several time and interrupted me as if she didn't care. She Amy not care but I certainly do and Dr. Cheema would have cared greatly and made the time to quickly measure my BP and wrote my prescription so that I wouldn't expose my newborn to illnesses his Immune system isn't prepared to handle. I hope that the doctor reads this and determines medication refills should be handled in a different more speedy manner. This visit was unprofessional insensitive and with a standing room only two hour wait his staff could have exercised best judgement and taken the medication refill Patients very quickly and made room for the people standing. I in fact did give me seat to a mother with young children. Doctor , I sincerely hope that you read this review and discuss the need for greater compassion among your office staff. Because I immensely respect Dr. Cheema all ratings remained a five
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cheema is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Arshad P Cheema accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsWalk In Medical Care, 201 Elden St Ste 101, Herndon, VA
Dr. Arshad P Cheema is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Herndon, VA.