Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arthur S Agatston
Dr. Arthur S Agatston, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami Beach, FL. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Agatston is affiliated with Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida, Inc. and Baptist Hospital Miami. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Arthur S Agatston has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arthur S Agatston has the following 18 expertise
- Heart Cancer
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Arthur S Agatston is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
patient since 1985
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arthur S Agatston - Posted on March 7th, 2015
the absolute best doctor/cardiologist ever to practice. always explains in layman's terms, shows you the whys, whats and never is in a bad mood. the most professional clinician i've ever had, good friend, confidant. his assistant, Clarissa is the go to person when you cant speak with such an incredible busy clinician. i wish they could be cloned....
Dr. Agatston is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Arthur S Agatston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsBAPTIST HEALTH MEDICAL GROUP, 1691 Michigan Ave Ste 500, Miami Beach, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arthur S Agatston, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Miami Beach, FL, in this video.
Dr. Arthur S Agatston is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Miami Beach, FL.