More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arthur Buonaspina
Dr. Arthur Buonaspina, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with other offices in Staten Island, NY and Staten Island, NY (and 2 other locations). He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Buonaspina is affiliated with Staten Island University South, Kings County Hospital Center and Richmond University Medical Center. Dr. Buonaspina has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Arthur Buonaspina has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Arthur Buonaspina is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
He's smart but not personable at all. He doesn't shut the door, and gives u that rushed feeling. Always on the run. you scramble to get your questions out. He doesn't know your kids name or how old your kid is. In and out. Doesn't look at the charts. So as for bedside manner, it's upsetting.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Buonaspina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Staten Island University South
Kings County Hospital Center
Richmond University Medical Center
Staten Island University Hospital North
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
26 Years Experience
State University of New York Downstate
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Arthur Buonaspina is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.