Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arthur E Frankel has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arthur E Frankel has the following 23 expertise
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Pathologic Neovascularization
- Hepatitis C
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Spinal Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Ovarian Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Cancer
Dr. Arthur E Frankel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Frankel is a warm human being, funny, he even will give you his cellphone. his staff is kind, and very good costumer service. He has great credentials and for all of these things as a patient you trust him. Until he start contradicting himself, forgetting why are you even there, changing his story, saying things that contradict other doctors. I am so afraid of him because of his lack of integrity. I have over 5 over of recordings of all the appointments and in most of them he tries to justify his contradictions. If you can choose, please choose not to see him as a professional.
Dr. Frankel did not rely on pages of self completed paper work, he stated, "I like to talk with my patients." He did not waste time asking questions that were not pertinent to my case and immediately recognized some of the rare issues I deal with. Usually I find myself trying to educate doctors regarding my case. Not this time!!! Dr. Frankel knew even before I began to tell him details. I love this doctor!!! He took lots of time with me even knowing I was returning to my home state in two weeks and would likely not see him again. I would recommend him to anyone!
Diagnoised the wrong type of cancer, administered the wrong chemo for wrong cancer. Bedside manner was AWFUL!!! Told our family we should give up on trying to save our family member bc he had cancer and was going to die anyway- why put it off. It makes me sick thinking that for two years we trusted this doctor and he was heartless in listen to us when we tried to explain what our family member was going through... He diagnoised the wrong type of cancer and gave him the wrong type of chemo- which ended up killing him before the cancer did!!!!
45 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1973
Yale University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUsa Mitchell Cancer Institute, 1660 Spring Hill Ave, Mobile, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arthur E Frankel in this video.
Dr. Arthur E Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.