Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arthur Herbst
Dr. Arthur Herbst, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Herbst is affiliated with Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Little Company of Mary Hospital and MetroSouth Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Arthur Herbst has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Arthur Herbst has the following 17 expertise
- Drug-Induced Abnormalities
- Female Genital Cancer
- Female Infertility
- Gynecologic disorders
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Uterine Cervical Diseases
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer (Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma)
- Vaginal Diseases
Dr. Arthur Herbst is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Herbst is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate South Suburban Hospital
Little Company of Mary Hospital
MetroSouth Medical Center
Palos Community Hospital
University of Chicago Medical Center
Weiss Memorial Hospital
54 Years Experience
Graduated in 1959
Massachusetts General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Arthur Herbst is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.