Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arthur L Hughes
Dr. Arthur L Hughes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Hughes is affiliated with Dearborn County Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Hughes has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Arthur L Hughes has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Arthur L Hughes has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 30
I so appreciated the fact he took time with me. Asked questions and really did a good exam. I have never had to wait long before seeing him. Appointments are not that difficult to get either. Last time I was there the receptionist was friendly and had a good personality. I think Dr. Hughes is a very good Dr. and trust me I have been to too many Dr. who do not care. William SmithSr.
Great follow up, easied my mind from the diagnose my family doc gave to me from my MRI. Dr Hughes did more testing and is looking a less of the two evils then my family doc painted for me. great bedside manner compare to other doc's I have seen so far. Staff could be a little more friendly when signing in. they had No smiles at all! no eye contact when talking to me just busy at work. Still waiting my final diagnoses from MRA.
i have never in my life experienced such rude, uncaring staff. the office is filthy....rug dirty with a big hole in in. windows look like they haven't been cleaned in years, water cooler empty with no one interested in filling it. the nightmare continued as dr hughes's examineing room wrecked of cigarette smoke. he seems like a nice man but no thorough...didn't even ask medical history. will not go back!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Hughes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Arthur L Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRiverhills Healthcare Inc, 3285 Westbourne Dr, Cincinnati, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arthur L Hughes in this video.
Dr. Arthur L Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.