Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr MD
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Taylor, MI, with other offices in Saint Clair Shores, MI and Taylor, MI . He has 62 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr has 3 locations
24715 Little Mack Ave Ste 200
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48080
20600 Eureka Rd Ste 819
Taylor, MI 48180
Book Online Now
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr - Posted on September 8th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr - Posted on February 16th, 2018
Awesome Excellent Doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr - Posted on November 1st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr - Posted on July 19th, 2016
Great doctor , highly recommend !!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr - Posted on November 10th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
62 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1956
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Arthur L Hughett Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Taylor, MI.