Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arthur M Katz has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
I have been seeing Dr. Katz for years on and off. for a mild case of facial acne that would be so painful because they was cystic. it would go away then come back with a vengeance as if whatever he was treating me with wasn't really really working. I have co workers who also seen him and was smart enough NOT to come back after their condition gotten worse after their visit to him. Recently I started seeing another Derm Doc and OMG WHAT AN EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE! THEY TOOK BLOOD WORK DID A CULTURE ON MY SKIN TO SEND TO THE LAB AND WAS VERY GENTLE. NOT TO TALK DOWN ABOUT DR. KATZ BUT I REALLY BELIEVE THAT I WAS JUST AN INSURANCE CARD NOT A PATIENT.
You can't talk to this man. He gets very insulted when you suggest as a question. I know he has many patients at one time but give me a break. He is very needle happy and at some points he doesn't but a dressing on his work. He seldom hands you a mirror when he is done. One time I left his office and got in my car only to see my face in my rear view mirror .I had blood running down my face
My previous experiences with this doctor was terrible. I definitely switched to a different dermatologist that would pay better attention to my health concerns. Aren't dermatologists supposed to INSPECT your skin? He just took a glance and figured-- that's it! Examination finished. After attempting to switch dermatologists, I requested the medications he previously prescribed as well as the rest of the exam notes of MY chart, and the rude members of his staff refused to give it to me. A patient has a right to access his/her medical record! If I had the money, I would've pursued a lawsuit against his entire practice. He seems to have a stellar track record of mistreating his patients.
The only positive I have is that I did not have to wait long to see the doctor. The staff was rude, the doctor was rude and dismissive. Did not explain the diagnosis. Did not listen to me and gave me no time. Worst doctor I have been to in a very long time. Will not ever go back to this office. If you need to go to a dermatologist I definitely recommend going to a different doctor.
Dr. Katz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Arthur M Katz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Arthur M Katz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.