Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arthur Kong has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Arthur Kong has the following 5 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Eating Disorders
Dr. Arthur Kong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
My daughter has been Dr. Kong's patient since he gave as his business card at Garfield Medical Center after my daughter was born. Despite his short hours (I guessed due to his age) I have found that he is a very capable pediatrician who has provided quality medical care for my daughter and I am satisfied with his service.
I took my daughter to his office three times and every time it was a nightmare. The receptionist were extremely rude and obviously not professional at all. It made feel that I am begging for their service. They blamed a pregnant lady just because she was 10 min late and did not call to explain why she was late. The receptionist threatened her that she was not going to receive the treatment due to her showing up late. The doctor is very rude too and I guess his careless manner spoiled the receptionists and they were even ruder. The doctor won't tell you when you need to bring kid for next checking up or immunization unless you ask him. I don't think he is a professional either because he was never able to give effective treatment. It seems to me that he just wanted to send you away as soon as possible.I am wondering how his career can last for over 30 years. I guess people go to his office only for minor problem. Trust me, go as far as possible from him.
As a primary care provider, Dr. Kong insisted on that we must give Ritalin to our 9 yr old son but failed to inform us that Ritalin is a Schedule II substance under the Controlled Substances Act, and that Schedule II drugs, which include cocaine and methamphetamine, have a high potential for abuse, which may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence. As a primary care provider, Dr. Kong insisted on that we must give Ritalin to our 9 yr old son but failed to inform us that as parent we have right to take part in all decisions about our child's care and treatment and we have right to refuse any drug, test, procedure or treatment.
Dr. Kong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Arthur Kong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArthur Kong Md, 1048 S Garfield Ave Ste 100, Alhambra, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arthur Kong in this video.
Dr. Arthur Kong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alhambra, CA.