Dr. Arthur M Johnson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Arthur M Johnson?

Love my experience with Dr Johnson

Wonderful Staff , nurse and Amazing Doctor

We were referred to Dr. Johnson after weeks of seeing my medical doctor, orthopedic doctor, finally after a MRI, I was referred to the correct medical specialist, I had 2 HUGE ruptured disc in my neck. Dr. Johnson was able to meet with me the next day after my MRI, Surgery was scheduled the next week, I had to be taken off a medication and wait 5 days to have surgery. He explained everything well. HIs nurse Maria is wonderful. I do not see how anybody could give her such awful comments. She explains everything very kind and wonderful. We have never waited more than 5 minutes for an appt. I have had wonderful results, no more pain, Bones are fusing back together as they should.

Horrible nursing staff

Dr Johnson is a friendly outgoing doctor but he will abondon you in a minute and refer you to another doctor if you upset his surgical nurse, Maria. She is rude and unbelievablely uncaring for a health care professional. Dr Johnson has pictures of Jesus hanging in his office and offers to pray with you but his nurse, Maria, will tell you religion does not belong in the office. Dr Johnson refused to meet with us after we requested an additional appointment to talk to him about our concerns prior to having the surgery which was already scheduled. Maria did not think it was necessary. In my opinion he may be a decent doctor but he is fully aware of how his office is run and he likes it that way or he would change it. Do not fall for the praying bit.

I went all the way to San Antonio Tx. To get my back worked on first because that's where one of the so called best back surgeons is. Then I came to Dr. Johnson right here in Ft. Smith and got the real man for the job. Can't say enough good about the man!

Overall Review

My last appointment required a wait of 3 hours, only to be told he had an emergency and all patients would have to reschedule. My drive time is about an hour to see him which makes no difference. This is typical. I waited 4 hours to have staples removed after a lumbar fusion. His nurse is awful and he does know about this because I told him. I filed a complaint with Tricare about the lack of attention to appointment times, staff not calling back or refusing to answer questions, call in meds, etc. I will not go back to see him under any circumstances. No excuse for his nurse to get away with this behavior despite complaints.

Awful treatment

Waited over 3 hours to have staples removed after lumbar fusion. His nurse is horrible and constantly over books so patients end up waiting for hours.

Dr. Johnson is a very caring surgeon. I appreaciate the fact he prays over me before suregery. But on the negative side I have waited for 3.5 hours to see the doctor. His nurse is rated poor on returning phone calls to his patients. I would rate the doctor himself as excellent. His nurse as poor. She is very short and insulting sometimes.

He is a very friendly doctor that likes to laugh. But his skill as a spine surgeon lacks much to be desired. I researched many people that he operated on and his success rate is about 50% so I will never go to him for surgery. I need better odds than that for sure!

Dr. Johnson seems to be a very caring and good man. I had many questions and he was always willing to sit and answer questions until I was done. He always seemed to have my best interest and well being in mind.