Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arthur M Taylor has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Arthur M Taylor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
This Doc is arrogant, lazy, and if you are a cash pay....I guess your health just does not matter at all. He waited until my prescriptions needed to be renewed, did not fill them. I called to see what was the hold up. I was told by his staff that he said "I need to find another doctor". No notice and I had no scripts.
Unfortunatly a great doctor with terrible staff and bad policys. A good for instance would be that i needed a letter of nessesity for my insurance to get surgery. That letter needed to explain the conditions i have and have had that would make the sergery nessesary. I was told by doctor taylor he dosnt do those letters. "Thats there job, there the ones getting paid for it not me" Enough said
31 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
St Barnabas Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMaryview Medical Center, 3636 High St, Portsmouth, VA
Dr. Arthur M Taylor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, VA.