Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Arthur Pirone has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Arthur Pirone has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 1 of 3
On my first office visit w/ Dr. Pirone he ordered some tests, I was in pain and he did not give any medication. My 2nd appt was two weeks later and Dr. Pirone said he needed to speak with the other doctor, Dr. Chen, (so we are in the same page here) and sent me home, again no medication and I was still in pain. My 3rd visit was 2 weeks later and when I got there he looked at me and said: " I still did not have time to speak with Dr. Chen and scheduled an appointment for 2 weeks later. At this point I was upset and asked him to order an MRI because I was in an excruciating pain. He was supposed to order an MRI of the coccyx and he ordered an MRI of the pelvis. I went there for my 4th visit and guess what? You're right: He hadn't spoken with Dr. Chen yet - He did not have time to speak with Dr. Chen about my case (Dr. Chen visited his office at least twice a week and worked with him). On this 4th visit I could not stand the pain anymore. I told him I needed medication for the pain but that I could not take (XXXX) because it was bad for my ulcers and did not work. He asked me to sit outside and wait. After 15 minutes I asked the staff for my prescription and he was with another patient already. After 30 minutes I still did not have my prescription and after 45 minutes I was literally crying. The secretary went to see him and asked for my prescription. Guess what? He gave me the prescription exactly for the same medication I had told him I could not take. By the way - I had been involved in a car accident and I had 4 broken discs and several herniated discs. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody I know.
35 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
The Hospital For Sick Children
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Arthur Pirone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Brunswick, NJ.