Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Arthur Pitchenik
Dr. Arthur Pitchenik, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Pitchenik is affiliated with Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami Hospital & Clinics and Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Miami. He speaks English.
Dr. Arthur Pitchenik has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Arthur Pitchenik has the following 9 expertise
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchogenic Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases
- Mycobacterium Infections
- Opportunistic Infections
- Pneumocystis Pneumonia
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
Dr. Arthur Pitchenik has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Arthur Pitchenik is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. Arthur Pitchenik yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Pitchenik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Memorial Hospital
University of Miami Hospital & Clinics
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Miami
Miami Va Medical Center
51 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1962
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1201 NW 16th St, Miami, FL
Dr. Arthur Pitchenik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.