Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Arthur Safran
Dr. Arthur Safran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newton, MA. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Safran is affiliated with Marlborough Hospital, Boston Medical Center and Metrowest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Arthur Safran has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Safran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Boston Medical Center
Metrowest Medical Center
Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital
St. Elizabeth`s Medical Ctr of Boston
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Framingham Union Hospital
MetroWest Medical Center - Framingham Union
Metrowest Med Ctr -Framingham, Framingham, Ma
Marlborough Hospital, Marlborough, Ma
51 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1962
Dr. Arthur Safran accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions12 Ivanhoe St, Newton, MA
Dr. Arthur Safran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton, MA.