Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arthur W Tai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
I have been going to Dr. Tai for about 25 years. In addition to thorough checkups and great care, he is particularly good at educating me about my care, drawing connections between apparently unrelated symptoms or effects and even giving me research papers to read concerning my condition. He is caring of family and personal issues as well as pure medical care. His office staff is excellent as well.
Consistently took working age patients ahead of older retired patients irregardless of appointment time. Condescending and sometimes disrespectful of older clients and women. Missed major illness in two family members by failing to look closely at family history and listen to what patient was saying. Nursing staff often slow to respond to calls, impatient with questions and hesitant to forward question to MD. Go elsewhere. It could save your life!
I've gone to Dr. Tai for 25 years or more and he is also the primary doctor for the rest of my family. He has gotten harder to get in to see as the years have gone by, however, I can usually get an appointment with someone else that day, if it is something urgent. There usually is a wait -- I think, though, that is because he takes the time needed with a patient, even though that is more than the "insurance industry" calls for. The office staff at this time could improve. However, I have a complicated set of problems and he is the one that put the puzzle pieces together 20 years ago and diagnoised lupus after years of mysterious symptoms. Later, he shepherded me through nearly being paralyzed from a spine issue, and a fractured pelvis. He is really there when you need him and can help you sort out the confusing medical decisions that need to be made. He also is very aware and helpful in how the medical issues affect other members of the family. So, excellent doctor, office staff that could use improving.
Dr. Tai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Arthur W Tai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIha Family And Internal Medicine West Arbor, 4350 Jackson Rd Ste 200, Ann Arbor, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arthur W Tai in this video.
Dr. Arthur W Tai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.