3.9

Have you seen Dr. Arthur E Tarantino?

Tired

It takes an incredible amount of time and effort to become a urologist but much of the work they do it mind numbingly routine. When you let that routine affect your concern for your patients it becomes toxic. After getting a raging UTI from a cystoscopy four years earlier I impressed upon him that with the next one I needed aggressive antibiotics in advance. He completely ignored my request and in the end I had a month of agony with three different prescriptions. I got a new urologist Ryan Dorin in Plainville who is younger and far more responsive. Had a modern plasma TURP (beyond Tarrantino's capabilities) and both doctor and results were amazing.

Disappointed

Dr. Tarantino is a nice person but I don't think he listens carefully or took into consideration all of the record keeping and data I had collected in regard to my mother. The initial appointment was in Avon, and the second was in the new location in Farmington. We were not informed that the new location had become a "Men's Wellness" center. After our visit, my mother regressed and we were back to where we were a month ago. Perhaps partially due to his incompetent assistant, with the unfriendly, abrupt attitude, who scanned my mother sitting up and didn't have her void prior to scanning. Obviously the result indicated a high number of retention. Anyone with the slightest knowledge knows that both of these procedures produce invalid results. I don't know if the assistant reported this to the doctor, but we were told to resume catharizing after my mother had been weaned off for 11 days. I was hoping the doctor would take a close look at my information rather than a glance. After what we thought was significant progress made, we are back to the beginning.

Dr Tarantino is very calm and kind, great physician. Office staff can use a little help in follow through and efficiency.

He try very hard & will listen to you if you my something he doesn't know yet. If you can prove it being done he my try it . You can't ask for anything more from him

Poor service

My husband had a scheduled appointment today with Dr. Tarantino in Avon at 4pm. When we showed up for the appointment, we were told that it had been cancelled. Apparently, the automated system called the wrong phone number and whoever answered, cancelled our appointment. Shouldn't there be some sort of verification process to cancel or confirm an appointment? Of course, they could not "fit us in" because the doctor had an appointment at 5. We are extremely unsatisfied and will not be returning to this practice.

I wound up with an unneccecarry infection, because he did not continue antibiotics long enough after cancer surgery. He did not even think an oncolagist was needed. I have 2 words, stay away

Dr. Arthur E Tarantino is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hartford, CT.

Dr. Arthur E Tarantino Is this you?