Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arthur Trust has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I want to be clear that Dr Trust is the worst doctor I have seen in years. His bedside manner is both condescending and nasty. He administers unnecessary tests that other doctors would only do if need be. However, worst of all, when he or a member of his staff makes a mistake, they not only refuse to take responsibility and fix it, they make the patient pay the price to cover their own behinds. The specifics are too long, but believe me, the word Trust in this doctors name is an oxymoron.
I was having EXTREME difficulty breathing, along with edema in my legs and low oxygen saturation numbers. My primary referred me to Dr. Trust. I have asthma, but I knew it wasn't asthma, nor was it a cold. After reviewing my blood work, chest xrays, and echocardiogram, Dr. Trust had a VERY strong suspicion that I have pulmonary hypertension - an extremely rare and incurable disease. I later learned that all his additional testing was by the book - it's a disease of exclusion. After ruling out all other possible causes and doing all the other required testing, he confirmed his diagnosis of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Based on statistics from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association, diagnosis usually takes 2.8 years, as the symptoms are non-specific, and most people, left untreated, die within 3 years. Within 3 weeks of my first appointment with Dr. Trust, he was able to confirm the diagnosis. After confirming his diagnosis he referred me to a specialist in NYC for treatment. He continues to be my pulmonologist and monitors my status each month. It's now been a year since my diagnosis. Had I not seen Dr. Trust, I'm not so sure I'd have been around to write this review.
with my new insurance I needed a new primary care doctor. He spent time with me taking my info, answered all of my questions and even called me himself to give me the results of my blood work when it came in. His office was friendly and courteous. I would recommend him to friends and family.
Dr. Trust is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1983
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Arthur Trust accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNassau Queens Pulmonary Associates, 3003 New Hyde Park Rd Ste 303, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Arthur Trust in this video.
Dr. Arthur Trust is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.