Dr. Arun V Malhotra Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Arun V Malhotra?

Recommendations

I can not say enough good thing about him, his staff and the care offered to my father. Always there for my father, at the clinic or while hospitalized. Always super honest but willing to explain everything in detail. When my father passed, Dr. Malhorta took the time to personally call and expressed his condolescence. I would highly recommend him!!

Arrogance & lack of bedside manner goes a LONG & UNFORGETABLE mile

If you asked me how I feel about Dr. A. Malhotra, I would answer with this: VERY Dissapointed & DISGUSTED!NO - I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR ARUN MALHOTRA.I have been a patient of his for over 5 yrs+. I only see him every 6 months for check up. When I first visited him he seemed great, positive & upbeat yrs ago. He gave me advice on chronic kidney stone formation, & what I should & should not eat/do and ways to prevent. Slowly, his personality changed & was no longer an upbeat positive doctor w/good bedside manner, when other concerns arrised with my CKD considered a birth defect (I was born with) & chronic hypertensive issues that are related. My last visit w/Dr. Malhotra was a horrible forever memorable experience, that I WISH I COULD FORGET. I left in tears. I was his last patient of the day. Granted, I understand we all have bad days & personal problems but as a physician you are to keep personal separate from work (like anyone should in any job but especially one dealing with the public). W/out giving to much info I will make this short as possible & to the point.Dr. M came in the office asked me a question, I left a urine sample to be checked as I told him I was having problems. He didnt want me to do it but I demanded it (1st problem). I believe he was trying to rush me so he could leave. Then after returning to the room, he starts talking to me again & gets a phn call (personal I might add) he interuptted me for the call starts talking a different language then excuses himself to take the call. Comes back & we proceed. I tell him whats new and how Im having abnormal pains. He continues to tell me that I cannot have pain in my kidneys. I am an intelligent person, I read A LOT & enough to know that is not true. He then states after my rebuttle that actually yes I can have pain in the kidneys but its rare if I have nerves near or attached etc., etc. After tearing up b/c I know something is NOT right, I know my body best! I tell him I have another condition with my nerves in my spine that is very rare 15% of the population are known to have while the other 85% do not. Which lets me know it is very likely I am 1 of those rare cases to have the nerves near or attached or in my kidneys. He gets my urine results and says its fine. I said thats impossible b/c I have a uti (diagnosed by another Dr the day before) he then gets a phone call again says excuse me talks in front of me so after he hangs up I told him bluntly "that is RUDE". He gets deffensive and proceeds to tell me that, "that particular person is sicker than you and more important than you" (quote- un-quote)! I cried and told him oh really (thinking to myself I wonder why this person is sicker... if this is how he treats his patients whom are borderline on the possibility of becoming sicker, this is why they NOW ARE much sicker). At this point I was beside myself as was one of his office staff whom will remain nameless. I told him how I felt bluntly with tears in my eyes and demanded proper tests and re-tests to see changes in Kidney function via creatine clearance, etc. He then writes notes and gives me what i requested very arrogantly.He then says here you go, when do you want to come back? Hello!!!I then see reception to check out and Dr M. rights a script and runs out the door. No Im sorry your upset, nothing!The office staff person who was awesome... tells me your urine had traces in it, it was not normal. She told me another person to see in the practice with great bed side manner who she felt would be better for me and told me to call her tomorrow. We chatted momentarily and she said it was rude too for him to answer calls and I told her what he said to me (that the other patient was more important) she also was disgusted.I decided that day leaving in tears that i am done with him!Sadly... thats how I am leaving it. Just want this out in the open for those of you in search of a Nephrologist. NO - I DO NOT RECOMMEND DR ARUN MALHOTRA.Good luck in your searches but think twice before calling him.Sincerley,A Caring Chronic Kidney disease Patient Keep in mind...their are newer, younger Nephrologists in the same practice with great knowledge b/c its fresh in their minds.

Always right on the money!

I have been a patient of Dr. Malhotra for a few years now and what impresses me most about him is that no matter what happens to me, how sick I get, he always knows just what is wrong and what to do about it. Some doctors make me feel like they may be guessing. But not Dr. Malhotra. And he's got such a nice manner, it's like talking with an old friend.