Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arun A Pol has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Arun A Pol has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Arun A Pol is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Aside from the unprofessional manner of his staff, we were unsatisfied with how our child's care was going, worried they just weren't getting what they needed. When we sought a second opinion we found out she was horribly misdiagnosed and on the exact OPPOSITE medication she needed to help her out! While kind in speaking to you, Dr. Pol does not seem to take his job seriously. Our child could have been on the wrong medication (or variations thereof) for her whole life if we had not taken her to someone else! This is her MENTAL HEALTH! Her LIFE! Do not take your children to this man. Kind mannerisms do not cover misdiagnosis by a long shot. He barely talks to the kids themselves. This is not what doing your job looks like.
I have been recommended by one of a friend that she has her child as a patient at this dr. I have tried to contact the office over a whole month, I even thought they needed time to get ready because I hear their message and they change up a bit but it seems as the review and my latest assumption of their staff is that they are lazy or they just don't give a crap about anyone. I beleive these staffs aren't even nurses and makes me wonder how in the world this doctor can keep his clients or even his certifications. I guess they don't care about professional services and just money. And here, I could have found a different doctor to help me much earlier, instead I wasted my precious time on these people.
My daughter was a patient of his for 3 years, only there for med refills. Dr Pol has no personality at all. We did not go to him for over 6 months and were told we would be considered a "new patient" and could not be seen for 3 months. Found another Dr. Asked and followed up for 2 weeks for chart information to be sent to new Dr. The office staff told me it would be done. Went to the new Dr.... and no paperwork.. VERY RUDE office staff tried to tell me it was my fault!! I can honestly say, PLEASE don't go here. It is AWFUL!! Everything about it!
Dr. Arun A Pol accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsArun Anandrao Pol Md, 6290 Abbotts Bridge Rd Ste 502, Duluth, GA
Dr. Arun A Pol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, GA.