Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Aruna Chakravorty
Dr. Aruna Chakravorty, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fremont, CA. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chakravorty is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Aruna Chakravorty has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Aruna Chakravorty has the following 20 expertise
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Parathyroid Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pituitary Diseases
Showing 5 of 9
I was referred to this Dr. by my OB/GYN when I tested positive for gestational diabetes. She had the WORST attitude of any dr I had ever seen. She always looks like you're bothering her and forget asking her to explain anything. I wanted to understand the different levels blood sugar goes through after eating. She told me not to worry about it and just inject my insulin as needed. I received this answer re several things. I tried to get another referral but insurance wouldn't cover it. When I came for a follow up after I had the baby, she didn't bother to ask about my delivery or baby much less how was I doing. Having gestational diabetes and seeing this witch ever week made for a horrible third trimester. Stay away, I can't express how unpleasant this woman is.
Dr. Chakravorty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Calcutta National Medical College
Graduated in 1984
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Aruna Chakravorty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation Fremont Center, 3200 Kearney St, Fremont, CA
Dr. Aruna Chakravorty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fremont, CA.