Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aruna F Chelliah has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diet Therapy
- High Risk Pregnancy
Showing 5 of 14
I have been seeing Dr. Chelliah for 5 years for Hoshimoto's thyroiditis. I am not feeling well on synthroid, I tried to discuss other options for treatment with her and was told that my TSH was in range and that I should see my PCP for my other symptoms. I have invested alot into this relationship and was hoping she would see that I need something changed with my treatment and that I am more than just lab results. She won't even test t3 or t4 to see what I'm doing with the thyroid hormone, she shut down the conversation before it started. I need a doctor that is open to finding the best treatment for me.
The best doctor that I have ever had is Dr. Aruna Chelliah. She is an endocrinologist who could talk to you about diabetes. Dr. Chelliah is the only doctor who stuck with me long enough get my hemoglobin A1C down to an 8. Unfortunately, I moved away and have to find a new doctor but I will never find another doctor to compare with Dr. Aruna Chelliah.
Only treats by TSH. Not open to investigating other symptoms. Told to also see my pcp for other symptoms. Instead of listening, believing patient has some reputable knowledge about their body, body functions, and health care, just chooses to treat invididual symptoms. I will get my quality treatment for my condition, just not guided by Dr. Chelliah.
24 Years Experience
Madurai Medical College
Graduated in 1994
Interfaith Medical Center
Dr. Aruna F Chelliah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWellspan, 292 Saint Charles Way, York, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aruna F Chelliah in this video.
Dr. Aruna F Chelliah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, PA.