Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arvind P Shah has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
We felt at ease with Dr. Shah from day one. We trust him implicitly with the care of our two young sons. He's kind and knowledgeable and always takes the time to explain things. Best of all, he's accessible and often answers the phone himself. And he won't hesitate to stay late if your child needs to be seen for an unscheduled visit. His receptionist, Margie, is fabulous, too...our two-year-old adores them both!
This doctor kept information from us that was vital to providing care to our child. Couldn't trust him anymore with the care of our child. We were also baffled by his flawed thinking - "if patient reacts to a known treatment for x then the patient must have x". I rest my case.
Dr. Shah is one in a Million. I have lived all over the country and had many doctors for my 4 children and Dr. Shah is by far the most caring, wonderful doctor I have ever met. He really gets to know your children and give them personalized attention. As a result of his caring manner, my oldest is considering becoming a pediatrician. He also volunteers extra time at a half way facility for teens and is on the board at Children's Specialized Hospital.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Overlook Medical Center
Dr. Arvind P Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArvind Punjalal Shah Md, 7 Independence Ct, Somerset, NJ
Dr. Arvind P Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerset, NJ.