Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Arzoo Habib has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Arzoo Habib has the following 16 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Infectious Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Arzoo Habib has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Arzoo Habib is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Habib does not know enough about her own field to be able to prescribe life altering medication to individuals who seek help and expect a professional analysis and diagnosis. She has no knowledge of protracted withdrawal from antidepressants and tried to add a different label to my behavioral state. When in reality my behavior was due to being taken off of antidepressants too fast. I suggest she reviews the site paxil progress to see that people exhibit bipolar or schizophrenic symptoms when coming off of antidepressants and the withdrawal symptoms can last from a couple months up until 2 or 3 years until the symptoms fully leave the patient. Expand your expertise in your field and realize that antidepressant withdrawal can mimic other disorders when in fact it is not those disorders in which you so easily label patients. I suggest you do your own further research beyond what the Big Pharma sales reps tell you in a 20 minute discussion of a new drug. Maybe see what Glen Olsen has to say on YouTube
26 Years Experience
Dhaka Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Penn State University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPenn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA
Dr. Arzoo Habib is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hershey, PA.