Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asad U Islam has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Asad U Islam has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Asad U Islam is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
My first appointment was last year and I have been a returning patient at this office. I love the people working here. The staff is very helpful. They are practical and friendly. I have seen them get little edgy around really rude and disrespectful customers. The doctor is great and has helped me go through and come out of a bad shape to a much better self. Thank you!!!!! North pointe psychiatry.
He's terrible. He doesn't listen, and if you're inpatient at Mayhill (like me), he will treat you like you know nothing, especially if he's never been your doctor before. He wouldn't let me take my ADHD medicine while I was in the hospital, and was very rude when I spoke to him about my need for an increase on my anxiety medication, since I was having panic attacks so often while in the hospital, and my anxiety was always fluctuating between 5 and 10 (on a 1-10 scale), and I was only on 0.25mg Klonopin three times a day for my anxiety, which was not enough. Every time I talked to him, he looked at me like I was a failed science experiment, and made me feel very uncomfortable in the 5 minutes or less that we talked per day. I was so glad to get out of that hospital, there is a lot of patient on patient abuse allowed (which I went through) and negligence in compliance among the staff.
Dr. Islam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Asad U Islam accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Pointe Psychiatry PA, 860 Hebron Pkwy Ste 1101, Lewisville, TX
Dr. Asad U Islam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisville, TX.