Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asad Mehdi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Asad Mehdi has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Asad Mehdi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Asad Mehdi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Received 14 page packet upon confirmation to fill out and bring into the office. After waiting 30 minutes past my appointment time the Dr finally calls me in and spend 20 minutes asking the exact same questions I had already completed at home. Did not even ask how I was feeling or what was causing my depression or how my recent break up was affecting me. This Dr does not have a shred of empathy in his body. The woman who answers the phone is very nice though.
'Dr Mehdi has honestly saved my life. I started seeing him in Peachford hospital when I had hit rock bottom. His guidance and help with medications have taken my life into a 180. Thank you Dr Mehdi!'Dr Mehdi has honestly saved my life. I started seeing him in Peachford hospital when I had hit rock bottom. His guidance and help with medications have taken my life into a 180. Thank you Dr Mehdi!'
I sat in Peachford hospital for hours while they refused to admit my schizaphrenic mother. My mother had been treated by Asad Medhi before so I requested paperwork so he could NOT treat her. I was told to wait because Mr. Medhi wanted to speak to me. I believe they were making us wait so we would leave and Peachford would not be responsible for refusing treatment. I asked multiple times to file complaints and have documentation of what was happening. Only to be left waiting. I went to my car to charge my phone so I could record what was going on. When I came in recording, I was able to file my complaint. I was then told Mr. Medhi had "1013'd" my mother. I demanded her release, filed a police report, have tried to call and e-mail. I still have not seen, spoken to or been given any update or paperwork on my mother.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
11 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 2007
Penn State University
Dr. Asad Mehdi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Asad Mehdi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.