Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asghar Askari has 3 locations
1360 W 6th St Ste 160
San Pedro, CA 90732
1000 W Carson St # 5
Torrance, CA 90502
1360 W 6th St Ste 160
San Pedro, CA 90732
Book Online Now
Dr. Asghar Askari has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Asghar Askari has the following 8 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Laser Surgery
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Dr. Asghar Askari is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Asghar Askari - Posted on April 16th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Asghar Askari - Posted on August 20th, 2011
So, I saw Dr. Askari as a follow up to an ER visit for my kidney stones. His staff got me into visit him the next day! He was very interested in getting to the bottom of why I had kidney stones. He had me follow up with him and was determined in finding out what was going on. About 3 months after my first incident with kidney stones, I was feeling sick and paged him. He quickly called me and asked me about my symptoms. He told me to go to the ER and called the ER to tell them to take me in and told them the tests to run, I barely waited in the ER. Yup, kidney stones again! He promptly followed up with me and kept up with trying to get to the bottom of my frequent kidney stones.Unfortunately, I'm just one of those people that is prone to stones (my whole family is), but he was very compassionate and understanding during my whole ordeal. I really appreciated the attention he gave me, he was caring and understood my discomfort.The only reason why I don't go to him is because I moved out of the state:( Great doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Asghar Askari - Posted on March 4th, 2009
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
46 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1972
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Asghar Askari Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Asghar Askari is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Pedro, CA.