Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asha S Muthalaly has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 4 of 4
This was BY FAR my worst doctor's experience EVER! After waiting almost 6 months to see this doctor, the office had my appointment time incorrect! When I arrived, they said the doctor was on her lunch break, even though the paperwork from her office CONFIRMED my appointment time. After agreeing to see me, the doctor RUSHED through 7 years of tests, lab results, scans, and notes from specialty centers like Johns Hopkins (MD), Albert Einstein (NY), Mt. Sinai (NY), George Washington University (DC), Fibromyalgia Center (Mass), and more! She kept INSISTING that my diagnosis was Fibromyalgia and she knew because of where she studied! I KEPT insisting it was NOT fibromyalgia because my inflammation markers were thru the ROOF and much more! Upon leaving, I asked when should I schedule a follow-up appointment, she responded QUITE curtly by saying, "Come in as YOU deem necessary." Lastly, she order 27 different blood tests, I never received a call, email, or anything concerning the aforementioned! I had to go to her office to get the results but the doctor wouldn't provide me with an analysis of my results! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE!!!!!
I went to her with knee problems that I have endured for years. She did a complete workup with me to determine what the next step should be. She referred me to a surgeon for consult and now, after 1 total knee replacement (2nd one soon), I feel she has made a difference in my life. Instead of just trying new meds and sending me on my way, she knew I needed more and initiated the steps to correct some of my pain issues. She is great and I highly recommend her!
Dr. Muthalaly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Dr. Asha S Muthalaly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrairie Rheumatology Associates Sc, 903 N 129th Infantry Dr Ste 600, Joliet, IL
Dr. Asha S Muthalaly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Joliet, IL.