Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Asha Thomas
Dr. Asha Thomas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore and Northwest Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Asha Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Asha Thomas has the following 8 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Asha Thomas has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Asha Thomas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
Northwest Hospital Center
Howard County General Hospital
Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center & Hospital
Georgetown University Hospital
Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury CT
Saint Mary`S Hospital, Inc., Waterbury CT
Washington Hospital Center
Sinai Faculty Practice
Yale New Haven Hospital
17 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Asha Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions2435 W Belvedere Ave, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Asha Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.