- Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Asher H Taban has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Asher H Taban has the following 17 expertise
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Wounds and Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Brain Surgery
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Brain Tumor
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Disorders
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2020)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2020)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
52 Years Experience
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Asher H Taban Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Asher H Taban
I treat patients with surgical problems related to the cervical spine (neck), thoracic spine (between the neck and lower back), and lumbar spine (lower back). This includes acute herniated or ruptured or slipped disc, chronic pinched nerve, narrowing of the spinal canal (spinal stenosis), foot drop, limping gait due to lower back problems, acute fracture of the spine (traumatic or due to osteoporosis), and spinal instrumentation (simple or complex)treated either through the abdomen or chest or in front of the neck or approached from behind, or chonic back pain due to disc collapse or degeneration which has not responded to conservative nonsurgical treatments.