Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ashfaq S Fatmi has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Ashfaq S Fatmi has the following 8 expertise
- Male Circumcision
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Ashfaq S Fatmi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
Everytime I have dealt with this doctor its been an ordeal. The first time I brought my son in for a stomach ache we stood in an overcrowded waiting room for over an hour after our appointment was scheduled. There were adults having very adult, private counversations very loudly and cursing like crazy. I have never seen a single nurse smile, or be anything but discourteous and rude. They have actively tried to be deceptive to cover their own incompetence. One time a nurse denied receiving records from another doctor before even asking my sons name. It doesn't even make sense how bad the staff is. My child is a little scared of the doctors, because their bedside manner is so bad. I have never seen the same doctor twice in a row, and one of them has written prescriptions incorrectly BOTH times that I have seen him...for narcotics. Just steer clear!
Every time I visit its with a different doctor, I brought up concerns and he dismisses them. My son spit up too much but he wouldn't look into lactose sensitivity I wound up changing his formula to soy which reduced it to almost none. I have waited up to an hour in an over booked day very often. I've had the receptionist be extremely rude to me also on occasion. Currently looking for a new doctor that could better suit my sons needs.
Dr. Fatmi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Ashfaq S Fatmi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatrics Of Sarasota, 1951 Northgate Blvd, Sarasota, FL
Dr. Ashfaq S Fatmi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.